I'm not a hardware guy. While I like to build PC from scratch by selecting compatible components and putting it all together, I'm only interested in hardware when I'm about to build a new PC and not the other time of the year. From last couple of weeks my pc was not turning on for some reason. So I contacted henry over geek squad phone number and he suggested me some tips and frankly after trying those my laptop is working fine without any issue.
Fix for laptop boot issue
- Do other electronic devices work. If power is out completely, those won't work as well.
- Check the power connection to the PC. Make sure the cable is not lose. Also, make sure the power connection is working by testing it with another electronic device.
- PCs have a power on/off switch on the back usually. Make sure the switch is in the on position.
- Check if the PC monitor has power, and that its connection to the PC is firm in place.
- Do you hear fans and the PC powering up when you turn it on?
- Check the power and reset buttons at the front. Do they appear stuck or out of place?
After following checking these I found that the power cable was having issue. After changing that the issue was fixed now it is working fine. If you’re not a tech savy then I’d suggest you to book geek squad appointment and they can fix the issue for your at comfort of your home.